Rhubarb Pudding Cake Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup diced fresh rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- VANILLA SAUCE:
- 1/2 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Blend together sugar, egg and butter. Beat in buttermilk until smooth. Stir together salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour. Stir dry ingredients into buttermilk mixture; mix well. Stir in rhubarb. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle on top of batter. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until cake tests done. For sauce, mix sugar, margarine and milk; bring to boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Serve sauce over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 337 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Pudding Cake
"This was absolutely delicious. Would double the sauce next time."
"I've made a lot of rhubarb recipes, but this is by far the best. This is so delicious, I love it!!"
"Made it without the sauce and it was still fabulous! I might add a little bit more rhubarb next time though."