Rhubarb season is almost here...and this is one of my family’s favorite ways to eat it. I tried this mixture of ingredients on my own, and my family of 12 couldn’t get enough. —Linda Strubhar, Cataldo, Idaho
Recommended: 57 Bake Sale Recipes That’ll Earn Big Bucks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained and chopped
- Place gelatin and 1 cup marshmallows in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, water and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; pour over marshmallow mixture, stirring to dissolve gelatin. Stir in the cold water, pears and remaining marshmallows.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Pear Gelatin in Country Extra May 2009, p51
Reviews forRhubarb Pear Gelatin
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2010
"I first made the original recipe.The next time I substituted quartered strawberries for the pears, eliminated the marshmallows, covered the top with homemade whipped cream, and garnished with halved strawberries. Family inhaled it and it disappeared in moments at a church potluck."