Rhubarb Gingersnap Parfaits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons coarsely crushed gingersnaps
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb and sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until rhubarb is tender and mixture is reduced to 1-1/3 cups. Remove from the heat. Cool for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Beat in confectioners' sugar. Add sour cream and extract; beat until stiff peaks form.
- In four parfait glasses, place about 2 tablespoons rhubarb mixture and 1/4 cup cream mixture; repeat layers. Sprinkle with gingersnaps. Chill until serving.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 358 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 29, 2016
I couldn't bear the thought of eating spoons full of sour cream so I added 4 oz of marscapone to 8 oz of heavy whipping cream, 2 Tbsp sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and beat to stiff peaks. I also layered crumbs (bottom), rhubarb, whipped cream mixture and repeated. Pretty good but think it'd be better with graham cracker crumbs instead of gingersnaps. I made it for my dad since rhubarb is his favorite and he loved it! Thanks Diane!
May 3, 2010
Loved these. Great light dessert on a hot day.