Rhubarb Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- 5 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon red liquid food coloring
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and 3/4 cup sugar; let stand for 15 minutes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Stir in yogurt, orange juice, food coloring and remaining sugar. Cover and refrigerate overnight. freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's instructions. transfer to a freezer container. Cover and freeze in a refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 177 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat-free milk.