- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups sliced rhubarb
- 2 cups sliced peeled apples or sliced strawberries
- 1 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add rhubarb and apples or strawberries; mix well. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish. Combine oats, brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon; mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRhubarb Crisp
"My sister-in-law's birthday is on the 4th of July and she loves rhubarb. So I searched for a crisp recipe and found this one. Oh my goodness! I made it with rhubarb only, no other fruit and I added walnuts into the crumble topping. I served it warm with vanilla bean ice cream. It was outstanding!! Everyone raved about it! I think my mom said she loved it at least three times that day! I am going to try adding cherries to the rhubarb next time, because I will definitely be making this again! Great summer dessert!!!"
"Awesome! I couldnt find strawberries so used 2 pears instead - and it's super fruity and tastes of springtime :)"
"This is a delicious springtime dessert. I make it for my husband and I and he can't get enough of it. It is so good and the combination of rhubarb and strawberries are perfect."
"Great recipe, so yummy! I used apples instead of strawberries. and made two batches and gave one to my neighbour"
"I made this yesterday. I made a big batch and used both apples and strawberries in it. I quite enjoyed it and the friends with whom I shared it told me it was really tasty. I may make it again next year."
"Super delicious. Definitely a keeper."
"Thank you, ladies, for all the help. Marvelous apple recipe."
"Yummy! I substituted raspberries for the strawberries and it was delicious."
"This is just awesome! I used apples with the rhubarb and regular oats. Followed the recipe as printed. I'm going to try blueberries and walnuts or pecans next time"