Rhubarb Cream Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in rhubarb and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 287 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 5, 2013
Unfortunately I had the same problem as others did, my muffins fell completely apart. They taste great, but look terrible. Something has to be missing from the recipe because they just fall all to pieces.
Jul 1, 2012
These looked nothing like the picture! They had no flavor and they didn't rise! They ended up dark brown and awful! I followed the recipe so I don't know what I did wrong!
Jun 9, 2012
I followed the recipe, but my muffins were a colossal flop. They baked all the way, but had holes in the middle. I peeled the papers off and smashed them together in a pan. They taste good, but look awful.
Mar 1, 2012
These are very tasty!! I can't wait for my rhubarb to come up in the next month or so...
Apr 30, 2011
I don't know what I did wrong but these were an absolute flop!! They taste wonderful so I will try them again! Anyone have tips for me??
Apr 28, 2011
Very moist and delicious!!
Apr 20, 2010
Delicious! They were moist yet had a great crunch on the top.
Aug 20, 2009
Very yummy, high fat muffins. I think I will try these again next time with non-fat sour cream so that I won't feel so guilty eating them.
Apr 3, 2009
These muffins are so good. Tender and tasty