Rhubarb Coconut Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well. Stir in rhubarb, nuts, raisins and coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 252 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 8, 2014
These are some extremely good cookies. I followed the recipe all the way. can't wait to share them with family and friends. make them you wont be sorry.
Jun 8, 2008
This is a very delicious cookies. It is a soft cookie.I would sure makes these again and again. They were half gone as soon as they were cool. Very good. I omitted the raisins as I didn't have any and also omitted the cloves as I don't care for them.,but they still turned out very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.