Rhubarb Coconut Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well. Stir in rhubarb, nuts, raisins and coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 252 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 8, 2014
These are some extremely good cookies. I followed the recipe all the way. can't wait to share them with family and friends. make them you wont be sorry.
Jun 8, 2008
This is a very delicious cookies. It is a soft cookie.I would sure makes these again and again. They were half gone as soon as they were cool. Very good. I omitted the raisins as I didn't have any and also omitted the cloves as I don't care for them.,but they still turned out very good.