Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice and orange zest to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until mixture is reduced to about 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in rhubarb mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 323 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 26, 2015
Really like this rhubarb dessert. I did modify it by using sugar free cool whip...just because that is what I had on hand. And instead of folding all of the rhubarb into the cool whip, I added it as needed so it could be used several days since there are just the two of us. I would like to try it with the whipped cream some time. I do prefer the cream. When I had strawberries on hand, I added some sliced ones to the mixture in individual dishes as well. ?? That was last year... This year I am going to try using Truvia in place of the sugar, since my husband is diabetic.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.