- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice and orange zest to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until mixture is reduced to about 1 cup, about 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in rhubarb mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRhubarb Cloud
"Really like this rhubarb dessert. I did modify it by using sugar free cool whip...just because that is what I had on hand. And instead of folding all of the rhubarb into the cool whip, I added it as needed so it could be used several days since there are just the two of us. I would like to try it with the whipped cream some time. I do prefer the cream. When I had strawberries on hand, I added some sliced ones to the mixture in individual dishes as well. ?? That was last year... This year I am going to try using Truvia in place of the sugar, since my husband is diabetic."