- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup diced peeled apples
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- For chutney, combine the first eight ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Spread over a serving platter. Spread chutney over cream cheese. Top with onions and peanuts. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 3 cups.
Reviews forRhubarb Chutney Appetizer
"Definantly a keeper!!!!! just the right amount of everything"