VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup diced peeled apples
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- For chutney, combine the first eight ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Spread over a serving platter. Spread chutney over cream cheese. Top with onions and peanuts. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Rhubarb Chutney Appetizer in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p38
Reviews forRhubarb Chutney Appetizer
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2009
"Definantly a keeper!!!!! just the right amount of everything"