Rhubarb Cheesecake Smoothies
We love smoothies, so there isn’t much we don’t use to make unusual combinations. Cream cheese adds an extra special touch to this yummy concoction that our friends and family just love. —Kathy Specht, Clinton, Montana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 ice cubes
- In a large saucepan, bring the rhubarb, water and 2 tablespoons honey to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, combine the ice cream, milk, rhubarb mixture, strawberries, cream cheese, yogurt, confectioners' sugar, ice cubes and remaining honey; cover and process for 1 minute or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 323 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake Smoothie in Taste of Home April/May 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.