We love smoothies, so there isn’t much we don’t use to make unusual combinations. Cream cheese adds an extra special touch to this yummy concoction that our friends and family just love. —Kathy Specht, Clinton, Montana
Recommended: 50 Recipes We’re Cooking Right Now
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 ice cubes
- In a large saucepan, bring the rhubarb, water and 2 tablespoons honey to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, combine the ice cream, milk, rhubarb mixture, strawberries, cream cheese, yogurt, confectioners' sugar, ice cubes and remaining honey; cover and process for 1 minute or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Cheesecake Smoothies in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p29