Rhubarb Blueberry Crisp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, toss rhubarb and blueberries with sugar and flour. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 327 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 28, 2016
I used oats instead of almonds as well, and threw some fresh strawberries into the mix too. Added a little extra sugar due to the additional fruit. Very good........serve with ice cream!
Jun 22, 2012
I used more fruit than the recipe called for (kept sugar content the same), and used only about 2/3 of the crumb topping. Also, I used oats instead of the almonds. Tasted great!
Mar 13, 2010
This was wonderful. The only thing different is I made it with an oatmeal/brown sugar topping. I could not get enough of it.