- 10 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 20 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (about 6 pounds)
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 cartons (16 ounces each) sour cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Divide biscuits among 10 ungreased 9-in. pie plates; top each with 2 cups rhubarb. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, eggs, sour cream, cream and vanilla. Beat on high for 2 minutes; pour over rhubarb.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over filling. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 coffee cakes (8 servings each).
Reviews forRhubarb Biscuit Coffee Cakes
"This sounds very good.. But can some one cut this down to a normal size recipe... to make maybe 2 or 3 not 10 coffee cakes..it is just me and my mother it would take me for ever to eat 10 coffee cakes.... Thanks."
"This sound very much like the recipe my mom used to make, but WHY is it such a large one????"