VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups cubed cinnamon bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, sugar and cinnamon. Add half of the bread cubes; toss gently. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Top with remaining bread cubes; drizzle with butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Betty in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p42