- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or strawberries
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a bowl, combine first nine ingredients and allow to stand 15 minutes. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter; cover with top crust. Cut slits in top crust. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30-35 minutes longer. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRhubarb Berry Pie
"This recipe is great! I tweaked it by reducing the rhubarb to 2 cups, kept the strawberries at 1 cup and added 1 cup of blueberries. I have made it 3 times now and we can't get enough of it!"
"I made this pie for my husband's birthday at his request. I personally do not like strawberries, raspberries, or rhubarb, but I made it for him anyway. I followed the recipe exactly, using fresh rhubarb and fresh strawberries. Since I never tasted the filling while I prepared the pie, I just had to hope and trust the pie would taste good!! My hubby said the pie was absolutely delicious and he would love it if I made it again, so I guess I will!!!!!!"