- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3-1/2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in apple juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Add rhubarb; cook and stir gently 2-3 minutes or just until heated through. Stir in blueberries. Spoon mixture into pie shell.
- Place a foil-lined baking sheet on a rack below the pie to catch any spills. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRhu-berry Pie
"I love both blueberries and rhubarb! Thanks for putting them together!"
"If anyone wanted an easier pie to make, this is it!!I have made this several times and each time it is wonderful. For those who say they don't like rhubarb (dah shame on them) believe me they will not even know rhubarb is in the pie. The flavors compliment each other to the fullist. We love this pie!! MAKE IT LADIES, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!"