Reunion Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1 cup cheese, green pepper, corn, soup, tomato sauce, olives, garlic, salt and noodles.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving: 364 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Reunion Casserole
"I've made this casserole ever since it was published in "Country Woman" magazine back in 1994. It is a "go-to" for church potlucks for me. I use ground turkey for the meat and leave out the sausage for lower sodium and calories, but LOVE the green olives. You can substitute black ones, if you like :)"
"Liked it. I substituted black beans for the corn and left out the olives and it came out good. Will make this again."
"This is a very simple to make but good tasting casserole. I personally left out the olives because I knew my son would not like them in there. However if it were just for my husband and myself I would use them."
"LOVE this recipe! I make it often. The kids groan when they see all the stuff go into the pan but dig in it when it is placed in front of them! easy to make and to clean up. Thank you for a great recipe! It has become a favorite of ours!"