Reuben Swirl Rolls
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + thawing Bake: 20 min. + rising
- 8 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 pound sliced deli corned beef
- Thousand Island salad dressing, optional
- Spray counter or surface with cooking spray. Combine rolls to form a ball. Roll into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Spread dressing evenly over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Arrange cheese slices over dressing. Sprinkle with sauerkraut, caraway seeds and pepper. Top with corned beef slices. Starting with the long side, roll up jelly-roll style.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 8 slices. Place cut side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Secure with toothpicks if necessary to keep from unrolling. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray; let rise 30-45 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap; bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with additional dressing if desired.
Originally published as Reuben Swirl Rolls in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Fall 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.