- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old pumpernickel bread, cubed
- 1 Slow-Cooked Corned Beef Brisket, cubed
- 1-3/4 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, corned beef and sauerkraut. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salad dressing; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forReuben Strata
"LOVED this!!! So did the whole family! I didn't have any corned beef though, so I just used deli-sliced ham that I cut up into small pieces. It was wonderful and we will definitely be making this again!"