Reuben Party Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- Rye bread
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the ham, cheese, sauerkraut and salad dressing. Cover and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until cheese is melted, stirring once. Serve with rye bread.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 54 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 4, 2019
Instead of making a microwaved party spread, I combined the ingredients, using half the cheese, into a sandwich filling. I added some black pepper and dehydrated chives because I thought it was a little bland. I spread some Dijon on one slice of rye bread, spread on some filling, and placed another piece of bread on top. Spread some mayo on the outside of the bread and grilled the sandwich like a grilled cheese. The result was savory, gooey and delicious! Liked the texture of the added 'kraut, but would add more next time. I didn't rinse the 'kraut because we like the taste. I have extra filling and plan on freezing it for the future... maybe even its original purpose...a party spread!!!
Mar 13, 2011
I made this recipe yesterday for a pot luck and I had to make 5 copies for friends who REALLY loved it. It does taste like a Reuben. I myself thought it was good and it's really, really easy to make. This one is a keeper, mostly for St.Patrick's Day meals.