- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2-1/2 cups corn chips, crushed
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 12 slices cooked corned beef
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Place chips in another shallow bowl. Dip one side of four slices of bread in the egg mixture, then in the chips. Place chip side down on a greased baking sheet. Spread with salad dressing. Top with corned beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.
- Dip the remaining bread slices in egg mixture and chips; place chip side up on sandwiches. Cook on a medium-hot griddle until lightly browned, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forReuben Monte Cristos
"Not my favorite recipe for a twist on the classic Reuben sandwich. I found the recipe incorrect as to how many slices to assemble sandwich as to how many in the recipe. I thought it was a little dry with the crushed corn chips. 2 1/2 cups of crushed chips was way too much to use. Only used about a 1/4 of that. I really had high hopes of this being a winner...not."