- 4 large eggs
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 pretzel hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/3 cup sauerkraut, rinsed, drained well and chopped
- 1/4 pound sliced deli corned beef
- Prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 350°. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; sprinkle with coarsely ground pepper. Reduce heat to low. Cook to desired doneness, turning after whites are set, about 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt; keep warm.
- While eggs are cooking, hollow out split pretzel buns. Toast buns on a baking sheet or oven rack, 3-4 minutes. Top with cheese; return to oven until cheese is melted.
- To assemble, layer a fourth of the sauerkraut, a fourth of the corned beef and one egg on each bun half. Drizzle with salad dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forReuben Eggs Benedict
"We really enjoyed these. The pretzel buns add to the flavor. easy to prepare. Thank you!"