"My husband and children enjoy Reuben sandwiches, and this quick casserole is as close as you can get without the mess," remarks Colleen Hawkins from her home in Monrovia, Maryland.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 8 hot dogs, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- Place sauerkraut in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with caraway seeds. Top with hot dogs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salad dressing.