"My husband and children enjoy Reuben sandwiches, and this quick casserole is as close as you can get without the mess," remarks Colleen Hawkins from her home in Monrovia, Maryland.
Recommended: 30 German Beer Garden Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 8 hot dogs, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- Place sauerkraut in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with caraway seeds. Top with hot dogs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Dogs in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p8
Reviews forReuben Dogs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2011
"Reubens are my favorite and this was very reminiscent of them!!! Served it on toasted hot dog rolls with homemade thousand island dressing... It hit the spot!!"