Reuben Crescent Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls, divided
- 1 pound sliced Swiss cheese, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds sliced deli corned beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Layer with half of the cheese and all of the corned beef. Combine sauerkraut and salad dressing; spread over beef. Top with remaining cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, press or roll second tube of crescent dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Place over cheese. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake 12-16 minutes or until heated through and crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 610 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 1905mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Mar 15, 2017
Tasted OK but the texture was disappointing
Sep 13, 2016
I made this for my husband and he loved it! The only thing he said negatively was he could go without the top crescent rolls. Also make sure to drain the kraut ALOT!!
Mar 23, 2016
This is one of the greatest ways to use leftover St Patrick's day diner! After Rueben leftovers, try this quick and easy to prepare meal. Usually prepare on Pampered Chef stone according to directions but we skip the top crescent rolls. Leaving the hearty exposed Rueben components. Yummy and perfect. As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home I love recipes that us classic ingredients with a new twist.
Jan 6, 2016
Our family loves a good reuben, but this just did not have the right taste; it was very easy to make and looked nice on the plate, but if you are accustomed to a classic reuben flavor, the crescent rolls just don't have the same taste - even loaded up with caraway.
Nov 14, 2015
I did not make this, but I plan to. I judged 4H demonstrations today and one 4Her made this dish. Simply delicious. I will probably cut back on the amount of corned beef and plan on using more Thousand Island dressing. Might mix the caraway seeds in with sauerkraut as someone suggested.
Feb 28, 2015
I loved this recipe and I added just a pinch of brown sugar and caraway to the sauerkraut, Every one raved at the recipe on how good it was! Went well with a cabbage, pineapple, and marshmallow salad...
Jan 19, 2015
Delicious. I like the tang of sauerkraut so I won't rinse it before I drain it next time. Dinner received rave reviews from friends!!
Jan 16, 2015
This is a easy lunch with a salad; we all enjoy it for a quick break @ the beach. MMM
Dec 14, 2014
I reduced the amount of corned beef to 1 lb. and the Swiss cheese to 3/4 lb.Great recipe. I used Bavarian style sauerkraut, which is a bit sweeter and has caraway seed in it.Tastes even better when it's reheated the next day!
Oct 24, 2014
Great twist on a Reuben. Also good as a Rachael with turkey instead of corned beef.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.