Reuben and Rye Strata
This make-ahead dish is wonderful for brunch, lunch, supper or as a potluck meal that is so easy to prepare. If you prefer it, substitute turkey pastrami for the corned beef. —Mary Louise Lever, Rome, Georgia
- 10 slices rye bread, cubed (about 6 cups)
- 1-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with corned beef, Gruyere, sauerkraut and pickles. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, dressing and garlic powder. Pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 5-10 minutes longer. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with parsley.
1 piece: 382 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 1377mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Apr 3, 2019cant print anything
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC