Remembrance Strawberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 2 pints stemmed strawberries, halved
- One 9-inch baked pie shell
- Whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and water in saucepan; stir constantly, cooking until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour over strawberry halves; mix well. Pour into pie shell; refrigerate until set. Top with whipped cream or topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 269 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 29, 2014
This pie was so easy & quick to make. I used frozen strawberries , thawed of course, and it turned out just fine. Topped with whipped cream it was delicious.
Jul 9, 2014
Best strawberry pie I have even made, it is simple and tastes great. I used 1 1/2 lbs. of strawberries and it was perfect for the amount of gelatin and sugar. Next time I may add a few blueberries for an additional pop of color.
Apr 20, 2014
Every Strawberry pie recipe I have ever tried contains a whole pack of gelatin, too little water and 1?4 cup of cornstarch and it is like eating strawberry paste, I want something that just coats the berries!
Sep 3, 2012
This pie was tasty, but it never set. I would try a different recipe next time.
Jun 22, 2010
I originally found this recipe in Country Woman magazine (probably named by one of its earlier names) back in the early 1990s or maybe even the 1980s. Everyone I have ever served it to absolutely loves it. It is extremely quick and easy and delicious!
Jun 20, 2009
This is the best strawberry pie I have ever eaten. Everyone who tries it loves it.