Remembrance Strawberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 2 pints stemmed strawberries, halved
- One 9-inch baked pie shell
- Whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and water in saucepan; stir constantly, cooking until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour over strawberry halves; mix well. Pour into pie shell; refrigerate until set. Top with whipped cream or topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 269 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 29, 2014
This pie was so easy & quick to make. I used frozen strawberries , thawed of course, and it turned out just fine. Topped with whipped cream it was delicious.
Jul 9, 2014
Best strawberry pie I have even made, it is simple and tastes great. I used 1 1/2 lbs. of strawberries and it was perfect for the amount of gelatin and sugar. Next time I may add a few blueberries for an additional pop of color.
Apr 20, 2014
Every Strawberry pie recipe I have ever tried contains a whole pack of gelatin, too little water and 1?4 cup of cornstarch and it is like eating strawberry paste, I want something that just coats the berries!
Sep 3, 2012
This pie was tasty, but it never set. I would try a different recipe next time.
Jun 22, 2010
I originally found this recipe in Country Woman magazine (probably named by one of its earlier names) back in the early 1990s or maybe even the 1980s. Everyone I have ever served it to absolutely loves it. It is extremely quick and easy and delicious!
Jun 20, 2009
This is the best strawberry pie I have ever eaten. Everyone who tries it loves it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.