VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 lollipop sticks
- 12 large marshmallows
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Styrofoam block
- 24 candy eyeballs
- 12 red-hot candies
- 12 thin miniature pretzels, broken in half
- Holiday sprinkles, optional
- Insert one lollipop stick into each marshmallow. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip marshmallows in chocolate mixture, turning to coat; allow excess to drip off. Insert pops into Styrofoam to keep upright. Let stand to set slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Decorate faces, attaching eyeballs and using red-hot candies for noses. Using a toothpick, poke two holes in top of each marshmallow; insert pretzel pieces for antlers. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Reindeer Pops in Country Woman December/January 2014, p53