Reindeer Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 6 whole graham crackers, halved
- 24 milk chocolate chips
- 12 red-hot candies
- 12 miniature pretzels
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugar, vanilla and enough cream to reach a spreading consistency; cover and set aside. Using a serrated knife and a gentle sawing motion, cut graham crackers diagonally in half, forming two triangles.
- 2. Frost one triangle. With frosted triangle on bottom, overlap triangles so the shortest side of unfrosted triangle runs along the longest cut edge of frosted triangle; match smallest points of crackers to form the nose. The remaining narrow points of both crackers from the ears (see photo below).
- 3. Frost top cracker. Gently press on chocolate chip eyes and a red-hot nose. Using the serrated knife and a gentle sawing motion, cut pretzels in half to form antlers; press onto ears. Place on wire rack until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Editor's Note: It is a good idea to have a few extra graham crackers and pretzels on hand because they break easily when cut.
1 each: 108 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Reindeer Cookies
"I actually had to cut a postit pad paper in half to see what they were talking about in this recipe. A diagram of how to cut and invert the pieces might help more people try this recipe."