- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Add flour. Fold in the cherries and pecans. Shape dough into two 8-in. x 2-in. rolls; wrap in waxed paper and freeze.
- To bake, unwrap and let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews forRefrigerator Cookies
"I have used this recipe for three years and absolutely love it. The only change I make to it is that instead of candied cherries I use dried cherries. Friends and family love it because they are not overly sweet. However, I have never gotten more then 4 -5 dozen cookies, usually only 4. Not a complaint, merely an observation! Love them!"