Refried Bean Wraps
"We fall back on this speedy recipe when our cupboards are getting bare and time is short," reports Arlene Stamy of Hasty, Colorado. "It's simple, nutritious and filling," she assures.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans and green chilies
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 12 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa and sour cream
- In a bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes and olives; mix well. Spread about 1/3 cupful over each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Arrange in a circle on a microwave-safe 12-in. round plate.
- Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Refried Bean Wraps in Quick Cooking July/August 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.