Refried Bean Pizza
Instead of tomato sauce, refried beans serve as the base for this Southwestern-style pizza. The cool vegetable toppings complement each oven-fresh bite.— Lydia Ann Lantz, Christiana, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cornmeal. Add water and mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 12-in. pizza pan.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. stir in the water, chilies and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spread beans over crust. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. bake at 400° for 10 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomato and onion.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 499 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1440mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Refried Bean Pizza in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.