Refreshing Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- 3. Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 264 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Refreshing Strawberry Pie
"Loved It! Added cool whip when serving, But so tasty!"
"I have made this before and it is well received. The peach pie sounds delicious, too."
"If-it tastes as good as it looks-it will be amazing-however-I did put the gelatin and strawberries in the mix last 1 min??! Thought better to mix in and-soak in better."
"I made two strawberry pies for a family dinner and they were gone in no time! Perfection!!!"
"This is one of the easiest pies to make. I used a graham cracker crust, just because I thought it wouldn't get as soggy. I made it three times in the past week for different family members, they all asked when are you making that for us again? It tastes wonderful, and fresh berries make it great!"
"This recipe's a keeper for sure. Sometimes a variation that I add is to spread 3 oz. of softened cream cheese on the bottom of the baked pie shell before filling with the berries."
"The perfect dessert! Now a family favorite!"
"Amazing!!!! Very refreshing. Set up perfectly. Can't wait to try other fruits."
"A delicious dessert & great way to use strawberries up! I made it with a graham cracker crust & used cherry gelatin, as that is what I had on hand. Served with Cool Whip! Will be making this one again soon."
"This recipe was good, but when I made the crust, the foil stuck to the crust. I suggest preparing the crust in a way you know will work."
"Best strawberry pie we've ever had!"
"I substituted Splenda for the sugar and sugar-free jello to make this more diabetic friendly. No one could tell the difference! Big hit- served it with whipped cream on each slice."
"Used a pre made graham cracker crust and followed the directions for the crust to pre bake. Other than that followed recipe, did use bakers sugar. It turned out GREAT my wife asked for seconds and she is not a big desert eater. Of course fresh local berrys always help."
"My husband LOVES this pie. He made me make it twice in one month! I do not follow the directs for the crust though because I've had it come out mushy."
"Diffently would make it again.Iy is just like the one my moyher in=Law in Michigan made."
"I am from Michigan and my mother in-law made this pie.I think it is the same recipe she had.I am so happy you submitted it, I didn't have her recipe"
"love this pie! I like to make it with raspberries as well. yummo!"
"Love this one... The best I've ever tried!"
"This is very good. Finally a glaze that is not runny !!!Delicious"