Refreshing Strawberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 264 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
May 4, 2018
I've used this recipe for years. It is always a hit with my family. Easy and delicious.
Apr 1, 2018
This pie was easy and delicious
Mar 14, 2018
So refreshing and delicious! Very easy to make. Topped mine with whipped cream.
Aug 11, 2017
So easy and quick to make and yes one of the best strawberry pies I have ever had! Everyone loves this summer favorite!
Jul 5, 2016
Easy to make and soooooooo good! Perfect summer pie! I also served cool whip on top!
Sep 13, 2015
Easy to make and easy to enjoy. Delicious summer treat.
Aug 10, 2015
Loved It! Added cool whip when serving, But so tasty!
May 29, 2015
I have made this before and it is well received. The peach pie sounds delicious, too.
Mar 15, 2015
Loved it! Wanted to make an easy pie while recuperating from hand surgery. It was so easy and SO delicious. It was great with "grocery store" berries, am eagerly waiting for local, fresh berries. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Will also give it a try with peaches.
Jun 1, 2014
If-it tastes as good as it looks-it will be amazing-however-I did put the gelatin and strawberries in the mix last 1 min??! Thought better to mix in and-soak in better.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.