- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled. Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forRefreshing Strawberry Pie
"Loved It! Added cool whip when serving, But so tasty!"
"I have made this before and it is well received. The peach pie sounds delicious, too."
"If-it tastes as good as it looks-it will be amazing-however-I did put the gelatin and strawberries in the mix last 1 min??! Thought better to mix in and-soak in better."
"I made two strawberry pies for a family dinner and they were gone in no time! Perfection!!!"
"This is one of the easiest pies to make. I used a graham cracker crust, just because I thought it wouldn't get as soggy. I made it three times in the past week for different family members, they all asked when are you making that for us again? It tastes wonderful, and fresh berries make it great!"