Avocado, strawberries and shrimp are wonderful together in this very refreshing and light salad. Balsamic or raspberry vinaigrette dressings go well with the salad, as do Asian inspired dressings.
Recommended: 18 Extra-Refreshing Watermelon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Salad dressing of your choice
- On each of four serving plates, arrange salad greens, shrimp, orange, avocado, strawberries and onions. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Refreshing Shrimp Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p6