Refreshing Lime Tartlets
Cool and refreshing, lime tarts are a much-requested recipe of family and friends throughout the year. I've even filled the buttery crusts with chocolate pudding.—Jennifer Lester, Billings, Montana
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolk. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Divide into four portions.
- Press dough onto the bottoms and up the sides of four ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the cream, lime juice and zest; stir until blended. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and butter. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Spoon into tart shells.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with whipped cream.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.