Cool and refreshing, lime tarts are a much-requested recipe of family and friends throughout the year. I've even filled the buttery crusts with chocolate pudding.—Jennifer Lester, Billings, Montana
Recommended: 27 Favorite Mini Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolk. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Divide into four portions.
- Press dough onto the bottoms and up the sides of four ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the cream, lime juice and zest; stir until blended. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and butter. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Spoon into tart shells.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 4 tarts.
Originally published as Lime Tartlets in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p161
Reviews forRefreshing Lime Tartlets
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2012
"it was liked by everone"