Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the first 16 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with avocados.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 111 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Jul 22, 2014
Definitely a summer favorite. Maybe I am not savvy enough in the kitchen, but the veggies do take a bit longer to chop. I do use a hand stick blender and pulse a few times to reduce the veggies, creating a consistency just a few pulses away from a purée.
Jul 2, 2014
I love gazpacho and am always looking for recipes. This one was very good--very refreshing for dinner on a 98 degree day.. I used low sodium v8 juice (couldn't find low sodium tomato juice). I felt it maybe lacked a little zing--next time will use the spicy V8 juice or add some hot sauce. Also, it might be interesting to throw the soup in a blender--not for long, just enough to slightly reduce the size of the chopped vegetables (maybe I didn't chop mine finely enough??)
Aug 23, 2012
This is very similar to a Shrimp Cocktail I get frequently at a local Mexican restaurant. I think boiled shrimp added to this would be delicious!
Aug 4, 2012
This looked so interesting to me but my husband wasn't sure how he'd like "cold soup". I loved it! My husband had 2 helpings that night and again for lunch the next day. It was so refreshing... really! Loved it! Will definitely make it again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.