Refreshing Fruit Salad
I keep cans of fruit in the refrigerator so they'll be cold whenever we want to be refreshed with this salad. My husband loves it. With a touch of mustard added, the dressing is also good over a green salad. -Annette Hemsath, Sutherlin, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup halved seedless grapes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- In a serving bowl, combine the fruit. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and honey. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts and coconut if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 541 calories, 30g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Refreshing Fruit Salad in Reminisce Extra October 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.