Refreshing Fruit Salad
I keep cans of fruit in the refrigerator so they'll be cold whenever we want to be refreshed with this salad. My husband loves it. With a touch of mustard added, the dressing is also good over a green salad. -Annette Hemsath, Sutherlin, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup halved seedless grapes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- In a serving bowl, combine the fruit. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and honey. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts and coconut if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 541 calories, 30g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Refreshing Fruit Salad in Reminisce Extra October 2001