Refreshing Citrus Iced Tea
I found this refreshing iced tea recipe in a 1932 women's magazine that my grandmother had. The lime adds a nice accent flavor.—Amanda Briggs, Greenfield, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 30 min.
Makes2 cups syrup (8 servings)
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 3/4 cup brewed tea
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; add juices and lime zest. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Strain syrup; refrigerate for 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 76 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Citrus Iced Tea in The Best of Country Cooking 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.