I found this refreshing iced tea recipe in a 1932 women's magazine that my grandmother had. The lime adds a nice accent flavor.—Amanda Briggs, Greenfield, Wisconsin
Recommended: 21 Favorite Iced Tea Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 3/4 cup brewed tea
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; add juices and lime peel. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Strain syrup; refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 2 cups syrup (8 servings).
- To prepare one serving: Fill a glass with ice; add tea. Stir in 1/4 cup syrup.
- 8 servings. Yield: 2 cups syrup (8 servings)
Originally published as Citrus Iced Tea in The Best of Country Cooking Annual 2005, p6
Reviews forRefreshing Citrus Iced Tea
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2011
"I've used lime in ice tea for a long time, my mother did also. I like lemon in ice tea also. To make it diet or diabetic friendly I would use splenda."