- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 3/4 cup brewed tea
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; add juices and lime peel. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Strain syrup; refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 2 cups syrup (8 servings).
Reviews forRefreshing Citrus Iced Tea
"I've used lime in ice tea for a long time, my mother did also. I like lemon in ice tea also. To make it diet or diabetic friendly I would use splenda."