Red, White and Blueberry Salad
Lovely and layered, this delightful gelatin salad rounds out any meal fruitfully. "Originally my grandmother's recipe. I regularly make it for potlucks," details. Linnea Tucker of Dolores, Colorado. "I believe my father would eat the entire dish himself it I let him!"
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries in syrup, undrained
- In a large bowl, dissolve one package of raspberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in 1 cup cold water. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; chill until set. In a small bowl, soften unflavored gelatin in the remaining cold water; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine cream and sugar; whisk over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add cream cheese and softened unflavored gelatin; cook and stir until smooth. Cool. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Spoon over raspberry gelatin. Refrigerate until completely set.
- In a large bowl, dissolve second package of raspberry gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in blueberries. Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer. Chill several hours or overnight.
Originally published as Red, White and Blueberry Salad in Country Woman July/August 2000