Red, White and Blue Muffins
Since my two children are grown, this is the perfect size recipe for just my husband and me. They are easy to prepare, pretty and delicious! —Ronna Farley, Rockville, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons white baking chips
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the strawberries, blueberries and vanilla chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.