Red, White and Blue Crunch Mix
My colorful snack mix makes a festive treat for a large group or potluck or even to bring as a grab-and-go snack for a parade. I took it to my school’s faculty lounge once and it was gone before recess! You can use different colored candy disks for various occasions. —Bonnie Darr, Flagstaff, AZ
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
- 3 cups Crispix
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 4 cups pretzel sticks, broken
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 4 cups white candy coating disks
- 1 cup red candy coating disks
- 1 cup blue candy coating disks
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals, peanuts, pretzels and caramel bits.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave white candy coating at 50% power for 1 minute; stir. Cook at additional 20- to 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two waxed paper-lined baking sheets. In a microwave, melt red and blue candy coating disks in separate bowls; drizzle over snack mix. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 483 calories, 25g fat (17g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.