- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk, food coloring and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in baking chips.
Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until set, 6-8 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forRed Velvet White Chip Cookies
"I first made these a couple years ago. They are nice & soft & have a wonderful flavor. They became a fast favorite for me & my son & I make them often."
"I made these cookies and sampled 2 of them-they were really delicious! Only change was oven setting to 350o F. Thank you for this recipe!"
"I made these cookies for my blog recently for a 12 Days of Cookies post this December. They were a hit with my family and neighbor. True red velvet flavor in a cookie. Perfect for a holiday cookie tray, tailgate snack or lunchbox. I love that there is not an excessive amount of red food coloring yet the color is stunning and definitely lets people know it's red velvet."