Red Snapper Vera Cruz
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
- VERA CRUZ SAUCE:
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 12 pitted green olives, cut in half
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 red snapper fillets (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, capers, bay leaf, salt, oregano and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. Remove from the heat; discard bay leaf. Keep warm.
- Sprinkle fillets with lime juice, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Drain and discard lime juice. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, fry fillets in butter and oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with sauce.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Jan 13, 2009
Ever hear of Master Cook 9 comes with a web import feature. You import what you want or need. Works on this site great.
Feb 25, 2008
If I want to copy a recipe I don't need the contributers comments. I also don't need the nutritian facts unless I decide I need them. They souldn't be forced into the recipe. I need a recipe to look like a recipe.
Jan 19, 2008
Oh well. There are lots of other places to get free recipes if you aren't interested in this EXCELLENT magazine.
Jan 15, 2008
Too bad we can't view the recipe unless we sign up. I subscribe to a magazine already...I don't need anymore. :(
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.