- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Place the potatoes and water in an ungreased microwave-safe 2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes, stirring once; drain. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl; add potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Drain, reserving mayonnaise mixture. Thread the potatoes onto metal or soaked bamboo skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn; brush with reserved mayonnaise mixture. Grill 4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forRed Potato Skewers
"We enjoyed the potato skewers. The mayo mixture gave them a great taste and putting them on the grill gave them a nice crispness!"
"I used garlic powder instead of salt and half olive oil and half mayo, added oregano and cayenne pepper. Used my oven broiler with the skewers so it made them easy to flip over and brown perfectly. They turned out great!"
"These were pretty tasty. We had a change of plans, so I ended up just sauteing them. It worked well. They also warmed up quite nicely and we enjoyed them for dinner two nights later."
"These are awesome! My family asks me for these year round."