Red Potato Salad with Lemony Vinaigrette
At our house, a red potato salad with red onion, Greek olives and lemony vinaigrette is a zippy improvement on the usual mayo-based salads. —Elizabeth Dehart, West Jordan, Utah
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cubed (about 10 cups)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended; stir in parsley, garlic and oregano. Drizzle over potatoes; toss to coat. Gently stir in olives and onion. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, stir in cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 168 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Jul 10, 2015
Good but not great, made for a party & took most back home:(
May 24, 2015
Loved how easy this was to assemble and that I could prep in advance. Great flavor. I did leave out the olives due to family preferences.